One of the most important ways to get through life is by preparing as much as possible. Whether that is preparing for retirement, preparing for your children’s college funds, or preparing for a disaster, it is essential to have things in place to make sure you and your family are as comfortable as possible. As 2020 showed us, you never know what might happen next. Keep reading to learn more about disaster preparedness kits and why investing in gold is one of the most essential parts of preparing for the future.
Understanding Disaster Preparedness
Depending on where you live, many different types of disasters can happen. Tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes are just a few examples. In 2020, the world came to a screeching halt for the Coronavirus, leaving many people without essential items and unable to obtain them. Preparing for a disaster now will give you peace of mind in case anything were to happen in the future again.
Disasters to prepare you and your family for include:
- Natural disasters
- Severe winter weather
- Severe summer weather
- Terrorist attack
- Power outage
- Political unrest
- Chemical emergency
Preparing for a disaster is as simple as finding the time to do it. Depending on where you live, you will want to look into the most likely disasters and plan accordingly. You may want to take steps to gather items in a disaster preparedness kit, hold a family meeting, and invest in gold.
Key Items in a Disaster Preparedness Kit
According to Ready.gov, a basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio and an NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
- First aid kit
- Extra batteries
- Whistle (to signal for help)
- Dust mask (to help filter contaminated air)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape (to shelter in place)
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and plastic ties (for personal sanitation)
- Wrench or pliers (to turn off utilities)
- Manual can opener (for food)
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
Maintaining and Storing Your Disaster Preparedness Kit
- Keep canned food in a cool, dry place.
- Store boxed food in a tightly closed plastic or metal containers.
- Replace expired items as needed.
- Re-think your needs every year and update your kit as your family’s needs change.
Since you do not know where you will be when an emergency occurs, prepare supplies for home, work and cars. This way, you will always be ready whenever something may happen, and you can have different storage places in case your disaster preparedness kit becomes scarce.
- Home: Keep this kit in a designated place and have it ready in case you have to leave your home quickly. Make sure all family members know where the kit is kept.
- Work: Be prepared to shelter at work for at least 24 hours. Your work kit should include food, water, and other necessities like medicines, as well as comfortable walking shoes, stored in a “grab and go” case.
- Car: In case you are stranded, keep a kit of emergency supplies in your car.
Why Include Gold in My Disaster Preparedness Kit?
Aside from having practical items ready for you and your family to survive, it is also important to protect your savings from inevitable economic issues caused by disasters. The best way to protect your savings, protect your retirement, hedge against inflation, and stabilize your portfolio is by investing in gold.
Reasons investing in gold will protect your future include:
- Gold has a history of maintaining its value
- The value of gold goes up as the value of the dollar goes down
- Gold prices soar when the stock market plunges, especially due to inflation
- Protection against deflation
- Value goes up during political uncertainty
- Portfolio diversification ensures your money is always stable
- Gold can be used as currency
- Gold is very liquid and can be easily sold when money is needed
Luckily, investing in gold is very easy. It requires little-to-no experience or knowledge about gold. It also does not require a lot of capital to get started. You can invest little by little over time, however you feel comfortable.
Get Started Investing in Gold Today with Priority Gold
You never know when disaster might strike. Whether it is a major earthquake or an aggressive new strain of the Coronavirus, it is essential that you learn the lessons that 2020 has taught us and be prepared for your family and your future. If you are ready to invest in gold to protect your savings and secure your future, we can help.
Priority Gold is one of the most trusted precious metals dealers in the United States with BBB A+ Rating, AAA Rating with Business Consumer Alliance, and 5 Stars Rating with TrustLink. We specialize in providing precious metals investment services with Security, Liability, and Great Convenience for customers. Our team is committed to helping to streamline their precious metals purchases at a fair price, selecting the right precious metals portfolios, and meeting their important financial objectives.
We offer Free Storage for qualifying Gold & Silver IRA accounts, a fast & easy gold buying process, and smooth IRA Transfer. Priority Gold guarantees the highest standards of customer service, which comes with honesty, professional conduct, and the Ethical Code of Business.
For more information, visit us at prioritygold.com