Priority Gold has put together some of the most common answers to your questions. These frequently asked questions will give you an overview, but one of our gold specialists can answer any of your questions:
- How Do I Purchase Precious Metals From Priority?
There are 3 easy steps in the process of purchasing gold and silver from Priority Gold:
• Call Priority Gold at (888) 465-3008 to speak with one of our Precious Metal Specialists about your financial objectives and how you can safely purchase with physical gold and silver.
• Complete the appropriate paperwork (cash or IRA) with one of our highly trained specialists.
• Ask questions and decide which precious metals are right for you. Precious Metal Specialist is there to answer your questions. Once you make your decision, just tell us where you want your metals to be shipped. (For any additional information, view our featured gold and silver products)
- Am I Buying Physical Gold And Silver Or Just Paper Gold And Silver?
You are purchasing physical gold and silver that can be delivered to you or stored at a depository of your own choosing. Priority Gold can recommend several depositories that are fully insured.
- What Are My Options In Purchasing Physical Metals?
Typically, Priority Gold clients explore their options with a Precious Metal IRA however cash purchases are also available for home delivery.
The most popular product Priority Gold receives inquires about various U.S. minted American Eagles coins. American Eagles and other types of bullion products are valued according to their metal content, purity, and weight. Bullion is considered one of the most cost effective ways to invest in physical metals. Bullion bars and coins are also an extremely liquid, physical asset.
- When Is The Best Time To Start Investing In Precious Metals?
If current and past economy failures are any indication, now may be the best time. With political uncertainty and a potential market crash looming, precious metals may hold their worth better over time and produce more return on investments than many stocks. A Precious Metal Specialist at Priority Gold will help to evaluate your current 401(k) and/or IRA accounts to help you understand all your options, so you can make the best decision for your portfolio.
- How Much Of My Portfolio Should I Invest in Precious Metals?
It depends on your situation. Priority Gold recommends a complete evaluation of your future financial goals and current investments before making any recommendations. Many financial experts recommend investing 10-20% of your portfolio in precious metals to ensure appropriate diversification and to provide an adequate safe guard against inflation, downturn markets and financial events. However, recent economics factors might favor some investors to increase their precious metal portions above the 20% threshold. In 2011, investors demand for precious metals raised gold to an all time high of over $2,000. Silver also traded at a record breaking high. Something to keep in mind is that economic and political volatility have historically places increasing demand on precious metals.
- Can I Add Bullion To My IRA?
Most the time, yes. The Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 allows individuals to add a wider variety of precious metal products to their IRAs. Products include many types of bullion coins and bars in many different varieties of metals that meets the governments minimum 99.5% purity standard. Priority Gold can help you to investigate the terms of you IRA or 401(k) as well as review the many products available to you.
- How Do I Know The Precious Metal Products Are Real And Meet Regulatory Standards?
Various precious metal products come with a Certificate of Authenticity. Additionally a precious metal maker’s mark and an indication of weight and fineness are stamped directly onto bullion rounds and bars. The bullion itself has its own “certificate” from whichever mint or refiner produced it, ensuring ease of assay, trade, and sale.
- Can I Sell Back the Metals I Buy?
Absolutely. And Priority Gold has one of the best buy back policies in the industry and ZERO buy back fees.
- Are Bullion Purchases Taxable?
Each state in the U.S. individually controls the sale of bullion products.
- How Do I Select the Right Precious Metals Company?
The US Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) has created a checklist that can be found here.
Priority Gold believes in complete transparency. Getting insights from a non-biased, third party on what to look for in a gold broker is the safest. Of course, Priority Gold meets or exceeds each qualification the FTC recommends. Other helpful tips on how to avoid rip offs and scams are also available. Another great resource from the FTC can be found here.
- Can I Buy More?
Absolutely! Your Priority Gold Precious Metal Specialist can help assists you in future transactions. In fact, many of our savvy investors systematically invest to continually bring diversity in their portfolio in a methodical and cost effective way.
- Can I Take Possession Of My Precious Metals?
Absolutely! For most of our products, Priority Gold clients have the option of either taking direct delivery or storing their metals at a third party depository.
- Can I Store My Precious Metals If I Don't Want To Take Direct Delivery?
Under most circumstances, Yes. Your Priority Gold Specialist will help to review the full terms and conditions regarding all your storage options. Priority Gold recommends the Delaware Depository, but its entirely up to each individual. Here is a brief video on the Delaware Depository.
- When Will I Receive My Order?
After the agreed funds are received in full, Priority Gold Group will ship your order typically within 10-15 business days. All shipments will be made through the United States Postal Service (USPS) or Fed Ex.
- Can I take possession of my gold and/or silver purchase?
Yes you can. Eligible accounts include:
Traditional IRA and Roth IRA
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
- How does a self-directed retirement fund work with a gold purchase?
IRA’s are typically run through brokerages. In large, these brokerages focus almost exclusively on stocks, bonds, mutual funds and the like. Physical gold does not fit into this structure, and thus is not offered with standard IRAs. A self-directed IRA has the investor acting as the manager so there is no management fee and the individual investor makes all if the investment decisions and can pick investments not offered by the institutional providers.
- Is it easy to rollover an existing retirement fund into a self-directed IRA?
Contact one of our IRA Specialist to determine eligibility quickly and easily.