Start 2022 Right with a Gold Investment
The new year is just around the corner and you’re likely setting some financial goals for the new year. Whether things are starting to pick back up after the COVID-19 pandemic if you’re at a new job, or you’re starting to plan your retirement, investing in gold is a great way to achieve your objectives. There are many reasons investing in gold helps you get to your financial goals and there are many different ways you can go about investing in gold. Keep reading if you are interested in learning more about why you should invest in gold and all the ways you can invest in gold to start 2022 right.
Why Invest in Gold?
Gold is beautiful, has many applications, and is highly desired. But, what makes it so special and why should you consider investing in gold? Some reasons include:
- Maintains its value. Gold has a rich history of being used as a valuable currency. It always has value and you will never have to worry about gold defaulting to zero. Gold does not corrode and can be melted down to be used in many different ways—from jewelry to gold bars, to gold coins.
- Value goes up when the US dollar goes down. If there is ever another financial crisis, you can be one of the many people who can rest easy. As the value of the dollar decreases, the value of gold rises which works to protect your savings.
- Easy way to diversify. Unlike real estate, stocks, or other investments, you do not need to have any experience or special knowledge when investing in gold. This makes it a very easy way to diversify your portfolio for expert or beginner investors alike.
Ways to Invest in Gold
Investing in gold is very simple and there are many different ways you can invest your money in gold. You can purchase gold coins, gold bars, or gold bullion. You can also create a Gold IRA or roll over your current IRA. You can also invest in gold mining stocks.
Gold Coins and Bars
Gold coins and bars are exactly what they sound like: Gold is melted down and stamped into coins and bars. Some coins are more valuable than others, and there are several different kinds of gold bars you can invest in. They include:
- Cast gold bars. Cast gold bars are gold that has been turned into liquid and poured into a cast to create a certain shape and size. This is the most cost-effective way to purchase gold bars because they are simple and easy to make. However, they contain blemishes and are not as pretty as classic minted bars.
- Minted gold bars. This type of gold bar is the most beautiful to look at, and even comes with a package to ensure its beautiful, shiny finish is kept intact (and if you remove this packaging, the value decreases). Instead of being molded like cast gold bars, they are cut which allows for their more beautiful look.
- Traditional weight. Gold is measured and sold in troy ounces and grams in increments of 1, 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100 grams. One troy ounce is about 31 grams. You do not have to report gold purchases to the government (except profits on what you sell), and you are only limited by your budget and your desire.
Bullion is gold and silver that is officially recognized as being at least 99.5% and 99.9% pure and is in the form of bars or ingots. Gold bullion is often kept as a reserve asset by governments and central banks, according to Investopedia.
Forms of bullion include:
By rolling over your IRA, 401(k), 403, TSP, or 457 Plan into a Precious Metal IRA Account, you can achieve the same profits that you would gain by purchasing gold or silver directly, while also enjoying the benefits that your retirement account provides. Self-directed precious metals IRAs allow you to invest in gold and silver so you can better diversify your investment portfolio, which provides protection during turbulent financial markets.
Need Help Investing? Talk to Priority Gold
Investing in gold is easy. Whether you have a lot of investment experience or none at all, we can help you get started. Priority Gold is one of the most trusted precious metals dealers in the United States with BBB A+ Rating, AAA Rating with Business Consumer Alliance, and 5 Stars Rating with TrustLink.
We offer Free Storage for qualifying Gold & Silver IRA accounts, a fast & easy gold buying process, and smooth IRA Transfer. We have a proven four-step process that makes it easy to open a precious metals IRA, and we guarantee you the highest caliber customer service. Our IRA specialists will answer all of your questions, work with your current custodians to ensure a seamless transition, provide you with a free metal evaluation, and continually help you to review your portfolio.
We specialize in providing precious metals investment services with Security, Liability, and Great Convenience for customers. Our team is committed to helping streamline their precious metals purchases at a fair price, selecting suitable precious metals portfolios, and meeting their important financial objectives.
Priority Gold guarantees the highest customer service standards, which come with honesty, professional conduct, and the Ethical Code of Business.
For more information, visit us at prioritygold.com